This tutorial explains how to edit remote files phpstorm. Using phpstorm it is possible to edit the remote files without downloading the files. This will automatically upload the files to the server on save.
Here it shows how to connect to the remote sever using the FTP details.Please follow the tutorial for step by step explanation.
Edit remote files
- Open phpstorm
- Select File->New project from Existing files.
- Select the checkbox as shown in fig and click next.
- Enter project Name.
- From the dropdown select ‘On explicit save atcion’.
- Select ‘Upload external changes’ and click ‘Next’.
- Add new remote server.
- Enter the SFTP details.
- Click ‘Test SFTP connection’.
- Click Next and select the remote path and ‘Finish’.
Now you can access the remote files locally.The connection will automatically upload the files on save.
If you have any further queries please leave a reply. Thanks